Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A letter to our future child

You are not a second choice.  I grew up on an Air Force base and my sweet friend next door was adopted.  Seeing the joy of her family story, I have always known I wanted to adopt.  You are my life's plan.  I look happily forward to being part of yours.  

James is the daddy that will always smother your face with kisses.   You'll never wonder if he loves you.  He will tell you a hundred times throughout the day.  He will take you with him everywhere, even if it's down the road to grab me an ingredient for dinner.

He will teach you about sports, even if you're a girl because "girls that love sports are just cool".

Your first mother gives you roots.  She chose me to give you wings.

Praying for you,
Joycelyn   


No comments:

Post a Comment